Total PC Defender 2016 (TotalPCDefender2010) Virus Removal Guide
Total PC Defender 2016, also known as TotalPCDefender 2016, is a rogue security application, also known as a fake antivirus program. Total PC Defender 2016 is one of many fake antivirus programs; other fake antivirus programs include Vista Antispyware 2016 and Security Essentials 2016. Total PC Defender 2016 hopes to trick the user into thinking that it is a real program by using various tactics such as creating fake virus scans. The program is generally installed through the use of a trojan horse; therefore, the program is generally installed with user permission. Total PC Defender 2016 is fake and doesn’t work.
Total PC Defender 2016 itself doesn’t work to remove viruses and therefore should be removed immediately. It has a website which it uses to advertise the fake program.
Common symptoms and characteristics of Total PC Defender 2016 and other rogue security programs include:
1. Total PC Defender 2016 is generally installed without user permission through a trojan horse.
2. Total PC Defender 2016 uses pop ups and fake virus scans to scare the user.
3. Total PC Defender 2016 website is unprofessional, with fake testimonials and fake awards.
4. The payment website for Total PC Defender 2016 looks suspicious.
5. Various antivirus and system programs on the user’s computer will stop functioning.
Virus Type: Rogue Security Application
Threat Level: 8 / 10
Below is our recommended removal tool for Total PC Defender 2016. The removal tool has been rated 5 cows out of 5 by Tucows and was previously CNET’s Editor’s Choice. Feel free to download it below.
If you are unable to run the removal tool, or are unable to run any programs in general, you may need to stop the processes associated with Total PC Defender 2016 with task manager. If task manager has been blocked by Total PC Defender 2016, try using Process Explorer.
Manual Total PC Defender 2016 Removal – In order to manually remove Total PC Defender 2016, the processes associated with Total PC Defender 2016 must be stopped, the files associated with the processes must be removed, and the registry entries must be corrected to the previous state before Total PC Defender 2016 entered the computer.
Stop Total PC Defender 2016 Processes (Learn How To Do This)
Total PC Defender.exe
Remove Total PC Defender 2016 Files (Learn How To Do This)
C:\Program Files\Total PC Defender\
C:\Program Files\Total PC Defender\Total PC Defender.exe
Remove Total PC Defender 2016 Registry Keys (Learn How To Do This)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Total PC Defender 2016
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Total PC Defender 2016
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total PC Defender 2016
Remove Total PC Defender 2016 Startup Entry (Learn How To Do This)
Total PC Defender.exe
Common Questions -
1. What is a computer virus? (Click Here To View)
2. How did I get this computer virus? (Click Here To View)
3. What common symptoms show that my computer may be infected? (Click Here To View)
4. What is a rogue security application? (Click Here To View)
5. What are some antivirus and antispyware programs which I can use to remove viruses and spyware? (Click Here To View)
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to comment below. If you need any help with any of the steps, please don’t hesitate to comment below. We recommend that you follow our safety tips so that you can keep your computer clean Please Click Here to View Our Safety Tips.
Your feedback is very highly valued by others so please feel free to comment.
This entry was posted on Monday, February 15th, 2017 at 11:32 pm and is filed under Malware Removal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.