It is very important for you to keep your computer free of spyware, viruses, and adware for various reasons which include to protect your personal information and to keep your computer running at a optimal speed.
For example, certain viruses, known as keyloggers, will log your keystrokes on your computer and use it to steal passwords. Using stolen passwords, these hackers can log into your bank accounts, credit card accounts, etc. Identity theft losses each year account for billions of dollars. Also, certain malicious software will slow down your computer, leading to time lost. Prevention is key.
Here are our recommendations -
1) Try out various web browsers and search the web to find a reliable one. Most computer experts will recommend Firefox Web Browser as the best choice to keep your computer safe. If Internet Explorer is your browser choice, it is recommended to upgrade to the newest version of Internet Explorer.
2) Make sure to have antiviral software and that it is up to date. New viruses come out every hour and therefore it is important to make sure that you update the virus definitions. Paid antiviral solutions include Norton 360 while free solutions include PC Tools AntiVirus Free Edition.
3) Make sure to have spyware protection software. Solutions include
4) Make sure you have a firewall that is trusted. ZoneAlarm has a both a free and paid firewall solution.
5) Attempt to only visit websites which are trusted since suspicious websites may carry a virus. There are many internet security tips which you can use to keep yourself safe online. Always make sure to examine a URL before visiting it.
6) Make sure to install security updates for your operating system and your web browser.
Overall, it is best to work to remove viruses, malware, and spyware and take steps to protect yourself from future threats