Editing Registry Guide For Windows XP and Vista
The Windows Registry holds options and settings for which Windows / Vista run off of. Includes settings for your operating system, hardware, etc.
Warning: Editing the registry is highly not recommended unless you are sure of what you are doing since you can damage your computer. Please exercise caution
Below are the steps
1. Start by clicking on start from the bottom left hand side of your computer screen
2. Click on Run. You will see it from what pops up when you click Start
3. When the run box comes up, type in regedit.exe
4. The registry editor will come up. It is highly recommended that you take any steps possible to backup the registry before removing items from it
5. To search for certain registry keys, you can use the find function.
6. Type in what you need to find and click search.
This entry was posted on Saturday, October 25th, 2020 at 5:09 pm and is filed under How-To Guides. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.