PC Live Guard (PCLiveGuard) Virus Removal Guide
PC Live Guard is a fake antivirus program. PC Live Guard is one of many fake antivirus programs, including Malware Defense and Internet Security 2018. PC Live Guard hopes to trick the user into thinking that it is a real program by using various tactics. PC Live Guard hopes to scare the user into purchasing the program by displaying fake virus scan results. PC Live Guard is fake and doesn’t work.
Virus Type: Rogue Security Application
Threat Level: 8 / 10
PC Live Guard will tell the user that their computer is infected and will use tactics to convince the user to purchase it. It will also use other tactics, such as the use of pop ups to warn the user. However, the program itself doesn’t work to remove viruses. It has a website which it uses to advertise the fake program.
Common symptoms and characteristics of PC Live Guard and other rogue security programs include:
1. PC Live Guard is generally installed without user permission through a trojan horse.
2. PC Live Guard uses pop ups and fake virus scans to scare the user.
3. PC Live Guard website is unprofessional, with fake testimonials and fake awards.
4. The payment website for PC Live Guard looks suspicious.
5. Various antivirus and system programs on the user’s computer will stop functioning.
Below is our recommended removal tool for PC Live Guard. The software (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) is FREE. However, we recommend you go PRO in order to prevent future outbreaks of viruses.
If you are unable to run the removal tool, or are unable to run any programs in general, you may need to stop the processes associated with PC Live Guard with task manager. If task manager has been blocked by PC Live Guard, try using Process Explorer.
Manual PC Live Guard Removal – In order to manually remove PC Live Guard, the processes associated with PC Live Guard must be stopped, the files associated with the processes must be removed, and the registry entries must be corrected to the previous state before PC Live Guard entered the computer.
Stop PC Live Guard Processes (Learn How To Do This)
Remove PC Live Guard Files (Learn How To Do This)
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random letters and numbers]\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random letters and numbers]\PCLiveGuard.exe
Remove PC Live Guard Registry Keys (Learn How To Do This)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PC Live Guard
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PC Live Guard
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC Live Guard
Remove PC Live Guard Startup Entry (Learn How To Do This)
Block PC Live Guard Related Websites (Learn How To Do This)
Common Questions -
1. What is a computer virus? (Click Here To View)
2. How did I get this computer virus? (Click Here To View)
3. What common symptoms show that my computer may be infected? (Click Here To View)
4. What is a rogue security application? (Click Here To View)
5. What are some antivirus and antispyware programs which I can use to remove viruses and spyware? (Click Here To View)
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to comment below. If you need any help with any of the steps, please don’t hesitate to comment below. We recommend that you follow our safety tips so that you can keep your computer clean Please Click Here to View Our Safety Tips.
Your feedback is very highly valued by others so please feel free to comment.
This entry was posted on Monday, January 4th, 2019 at 11:03 pm and is filed under Malware Removal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.