Your PC Protector (YourPCProtector) Virus Removal Guide
Your PC Protector is a fake antivirus program, or a rogue security application. Your PC Protector is a copy of Windows Police Pro, which is also a fake antivirus program. Your PC Protector is also very similar to other fake antivirus programs, which include Antivirus Soft and Control Center. Your PC Protector hopes to trick the user into thinking that it is a real program by using various tactics. Your PC Protector hopes to scare the user into purchasing the program by displaying fake virus scan results. Your PC Protector is fake and doesn’t work. The program is generally installed through the use of a trojan horse. Your PC Protector should be removed from the computer.
Your PC Protector will tell the user that their computer is infected and will use tactics to convince the user to purchase it. It will also use other tactics, such as the use of pop ups to warn the user. However, the program itself doesn’t work to remove viruses. It has a website which it uses to advertise the fake program.
Common symptoms and characteristics of Your PC Protector and other rogue security programs include:
1. Your PC Protector is generally installed without user permission through a trojan horse.
2. Your PC Protector uses pop ups and fake virus scans to scare the user.
3. Your PC Protector website is unprofessional, with fake testimonials and fake awards.
4. The payment website for Your PC Protector looks suspicious.
5. Various antivirus and system programs on the user’s computer will stop functioning.
Virus Type: Rogue Security Application
Threat Level: 8 / 10
Below is our recommended removal tool for Your PC Protector. The removal tool has been rated 5 cows out of 5 by Tucows and was previously CNET’s Editor’s Choice. Feel free to download it below.
If you are unable to run the removal tool, or are unable to run any programs in general, you may need to stop the processes associated with Your PC Protector with task manager. If task manager has been blocked by Your PC Protector, try using Process Explorer.
Manual Your PC Protector Removal – In order to manually remove Your PC Protector, the processes associated with Your PC Protector must be stopped, the files associated with the processes must be removed, and the registry entries must be corrected to the previous state before Your PC Protector entered the computer.
Remove Your PC Protector Files (Learn How To Do This)
C:\Program Files\Your PC Protector\
C:\Program Files\Your PC Protector\Your PC Protector.exe
Remove Your PC Protector Registry Keys (Learn How To Do This)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Your PC Protector
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Your PC Protector
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Your PC Protector
Common Questions -
1. What is a computer virus? (Click Here To View)
2. How did I get this computer virus? (Click Here To View)
3. What common symptoms show that my computer may be infected? (Click Here To View)
4. What is a rogue security application? (Click Here To View)
5. What are some antivirus and antispyware programs which I can use to remove viruses and spyware? (Click Here To View)
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to comment below. If you need any help with any of the steps, please don’t hesitate to comment below. We recommend that you follow our safety tips so that you can keep your computer clean Please Click Here to View Our Safety Tips.
Your feedback is very highly valued by others so please feel free to comment.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2020 at 6:11 pm and is filed under Malware Removal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.