Antivirus Live / AntivirusLive Virus Removal Guide
Antivirus Live is a rogue security application, also known as a fake antivirus program. Antivirus Live is a clone of Antivirus Pro v 2.0.7, which is also a fake antivirus program. Antivirus Live hopes to trick the user into thinking that it is a real program by using various tactics. Antivirus Live hopes to scare the user into purchasing the program by displaying fake virus scan results. Antivirus Live is fake and doesn’t work.
Antivirus Live will tell the user that their computer is infected and will use tactics to convince the user to purchase it. It will also use other tactics, such as the use of pop ups to warn the user. However, the program itself doesn’t work to remove viruses. It has a website which it uses to advertise the fake program.
Common symptoms and characteristics of Antivirus Live and other rogue security programs include:
1. Antivirus Live is generally installed without user permission through a trojan horse.
2. Antivirus Live uses pop ups and fake virus scans to scare the user.
3. Antivirus Live website is unprofessional, with fake testimonials and fake awards.
4. The payment website for Antivirus Live looks suspicious.
5. Various antivirus and system programs on the user’s computer will stop functioning.
Virus Type: Rogue Security Application
Threat Level: 8 / 10
Below is our recommended removal tool for Antivirus Live. The removal tool has been rated 5 cows out of 5 by Tucows and was previously CNET’s Editor’s Choice. Feel free to download it below.
If you are unable to run the removal tool, or are unable to run any programs in general, you may need to stop the processes associated with Antivirus Live with task manager. If task manager has been blocked by Antivirus Live, try using Process Explorer.
Manual Antivirus Live Removal – In order to manually remove Antivirus Live, the processes associated with Antivirus Live must be stopped, the files associated with the processes must be removed, and the registry entries must be corrected to the previous state before Antivirus Live entered the computer.
Stop Antivirus Live Processes (Learn How To Do This)
Remove Antivirus Live Files (Learn How To Do This)
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\[random letters]\
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\[random letters]\\[random letters]sysguard.exe
Remove Antivirus Live Registry Keys (Learn How To Do This)
Remove Antivirus Live Startup Entry (Learn How To Do This)
Block Antivirus Live Related Websites (Learn How To Do This)
Professional Help – If you are seeking assistance with removal of Antivirus Live, you can get low cost professional help through LivePerson Experts or free help through our forum or by asking your question below.
Common Questions -
1. What is a computer virus? (Click Here To View)
2. How did I get this computer virus? (Click Here To View)
3. What common symptoms show that my computer may be infected? (Click Here To View)
4. What is a rogue security application? (Click Here To View)
5. What are some antivirus and antispyware programs which I can use to remove viruses and spyware? (Click Here To View)
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to comment below. If you need any help with any of the steps, please don’t hesitate to comment below. We recommend that you follow our safety tips so that you can keep your computer clean Please Click Here to View Our Safety Tips.
Your feedback is very highly valued by others so please feel free to comment.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 8th, 2018 at 12:30 am and is filed under Malware Removal. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.